Friends, I have been way behind in relating some important news in the 2019 ReLocavore season.
First, I am sure many of you know, but if you don’t, ReLocavore and The Mister relocated. We are now back in our native turf, Southern Wisconsin. Back with quality farm land, quality farmers and quality markets. So, we re-re-located. You’ll see a definite shift in my work. First, I have lots of built-in helpers. Second, my new house has white composite marble countertops (goodbye beautiful New Hampshire granite).
Second, I have not been posting the canning inventory for 2019. Let me catch you up…
- 37 pints Strawberry Jam (h/t Smother and The Mister)
- 8 quarts frozen strawberry halves
- 9 pints blueberry jam (h/t The Mister for getting them from Tree Ripe Fruit Co)
- 10 quarts frozen blueberries (I think…?)
- 6 quarts canned peach halves (ditto Tree Ripe)
- 6 pints peach butter
- 1 gallon cherry bounce (h/t Brennan’s Cellars)
- 16 cherry hand pies
- 2 quarts dried cherries
- 7 half-pints cherry jam
- 1 quart cherry pie filling (future pie #1)
- 1 quart frozen cherries (future pie #2)
- 2 quarts cucumber pickles
- 6 quarts hot dilly green beans (h/t Smother)
August 6, 2019 at 3:59 pm
I’ve created a food monster! I’m proud of you.
August 6, 2019 at 6:50 pm
The Mister has done a lot of enabling too!